AAHD is excited to announce that we are continuing to join Community Catalyst and other partners in this year’s outreach project for Open Enrollment Year 6 (OE6) to educate individuals about enrolling for health insurance for 2019. Community Catalyst, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is serving as the national coordinating organization for an effort to spread awareness about the upcoming open enrollment period, from November 1st to December 15th. Through this project, Community Catalyst will:
- Create plain-language consumer-facing materials advertising the upcoming open enrollment period and special enrollment period. Materials will emphasize key messages around financial assistance, in-person help and the shortened open enrollment period. Materials will also include information consumers will need to enroll, benefits of health coverage and enrollment considerations for populations like immigrants.
- Partner with national organizations to disseminate the materials and raise awareness.
- Target key populations who may be eligible for marketplace coverage including people with disabilities, young adults, immigrant communities, persons of color and persons who identify as LGBTQ.
Images (like the one to the right) and materials to assist with open enrollment can be found in this online drive. As part of this project, Young Invincibles has created an Open Enrollment Toolkit which highlights key messages and sample posts to help with open enrollment outreach efforts. The list of national partners responsible for disseminating materials includes:
- American Association on Health and Disability
- Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Betty & Smith
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Feeding America
- Health Literacy Media
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Urban League
- New Jersey Citizen Action
- Public Library Association
- Raising Women’s Voices
- Young Invincibles