Welcome to AAHD’s Social Media Toolkit for Medicaid.* This toolkit provides sample social media posts as well as graphics and relevant hashtags which can be combined to promote the importance of the Medicaid program and how important it is for people with disabilities.
Sample Tweets/Facebook Posts
See graphics at the bottom of the page which can be used with these messages
- Did you know that the #Medicaid program covers 1 in 5 Americans? Find out if you qualify at https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- Did you know that 1 out of 3 children receive coverage through Medicaid or CHIP?
- Did you know there are two pathways that are available to children with disabilities to receive Medicaid? For more information check out https://www.macpac.gov/subtopic/children-with-disabilities/
- Did you know over 10 million qualify for #Medicaid based on a disability? Check out this link to learn more on eligibility https://www.macpac.gov/subtopic/people-with-disabilities/
- #Medicaid covers over 35.7 million children in 48 states across the country. #GetCoveredNow
- According to @macpacgov, Medicaid and CHIP are important sources of coverage for pregnant women, paying for half of the four million annual births in the U.S.
- Medicaid managed care organizations treat three times more neonatal intensive care unit admissions than commercial plans and save thousands of babies per year.
- Did you know that nationally, #Medicaid is comparable to private insurance for access to care. https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- #Medicaid is efficient and costs for enrollees are lower than private insurance. https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
Medicaid Impact Populations
- Did you know over 10 million qualify for #Medicaid based on a disability?
- 45% of nonelderly adults with a disability get coverage through #Medicaid
- Did you know that 1 out of 3 children receive coverage through #Medicaid or CHIP?
- #Medicaid aids 10 million Medicare beneficiaries
- 62% of nursing home residents use #Medicaid services and benefits
- #Medicaid pays for 46% of the $100 billion spent on nursing home services annually
- Did you know that 38% of children get coverage through #Medicaid programs?
- 76% of children below 100% of the federal poverty level receive #Medicaid services
- 17% of parents receive #Medicaid coverage.
- Did you know that 49% of pregnant women receive benefits through #Medicaid
- Did you know that #Medicaid covers many benefits like ______?
- Enter one of these in the blank line:
- Inpatient hospital services
- Outpatient hospital services
- EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment) Services
- Home health services
- Nursing Facility Services
- Physician services
- Rural health clinic services
- Federally qualified health center services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Family planning services
- Nurse Midwife services
- Certified Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioner services
- Freestanding Birth Center services (when licensed or otherwise recognized by the state)
- Transportation to medical care
- Tobacco cessation counseling for pregnant women
- Enter one of these in the blank line:
- #Medicaid benefits reflect the needs of the population it serves
- Individuals with disabilities receive benefits on several different levels through #Medicaid
- Children with autism receive in-home therapy and speech and occupational therapy
- People with Cerebral Palsy receive assistance to gain independence. This includes personal care, case management and assistive technology
- People with HIV/AIDS receive physician services and prescription drugs
- People with mental illness receive physician services and prescription drugs
- Did you know that more than 50% of long-term care financing is done through #Medicaid
- Did you know that 21% of the costs for substance abuses services are covered by #Medicaid
- #Medicaid provides screening programs such as the EPSDT benefit to ensure kids with autism have access to the care they need. @MedicaidGov
Social Media Accounts to Follow
- American Association on Health and Disability
- National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC)
- Community Catalyst
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Feeding America
- Health Literacy Media
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Urban League
- New Jersey Citizen Action
- Raising Women’s Voices
- Young Invincibles
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) Facebook Page
- Find out your Medicaid eligibility at https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- YouTube Videos from the National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC):
- Community Catalyst – Communications Toolkit: Medicaid Makes the Difference
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) – How Medicaid Work Requirements Will Harm People with Disabilities and Serious Illnesses (1/2018)
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) – Taking Away Medicaid for Not Meeting Work Requirements Harms People with Disabilities (1/2018)
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) – Medicaid Work Requirements Don’t Protect People with Disabilities (11/2018)
- Kaiser Family Foundation (KFF) – Faces of Medicaid video
- Kaiser Family Foundation – How Might Medicaid Adults with Disabilities Be Affected By Work Requirements in Section 1115 Waiver Programs?
Our News Stories on Medicaid & Medicaid Work Requirements
- Judge Strikes Down Medicaid Work Requirements (3/28/19)
- New Fact Sheet on Medicaid Expansion (2/25/19)
- Kaiser Brief Examines Partial Medicaid Expansion (2/21/19)
- Kaiser Updates their Medicaid Benefits Database (2/13/19)
- CBPP Fact Sheets on Low Income Medicaid Families (1/31/19)
- CBPP Report Shows Work Requirements Don’t Protect People with Disabilities (11/15/18)
- Kaiser Looks at Implementation of Medicaid Work Requirements in Arkansas (10/10/18)
- Kaiser Looks at Data on Those Affected by Medicaid Work Requirements (6/14/18)
- CCD Sends Letter to HHS Opposing Work Requirements (2/7/18)
- CMS Approves Medicaid Work Requirements in Indiana (2/6/18)
- Issue Brief Examines How People with Disabilities Would Be Affected by Work Requirements (1/30/18)
For more information and statistics regarding Medicaid
- For state specific information regarding Medicaid and other ACA news, check out our individual state pages: https://nationaldisabilitynavigator.org/#map
- Statistics: https://www.macpac.gov/publication/macstats-compiled/
Please consider using the graphics and images below for social media posts and content.
* – Updated April 2019