Welcome to AAHD’s Social Media Toolkit for Medicaid.* This toolkit provides sample social media posts as well as graphics and relevant hashtags which can be combined to promote the importance of the Medicaid program and how important it is for people with disabilities.
Click here to download this toolkit in a zip drive
Sample Tweets/Facebook Posts
See graphics at the bottom of the page which can be used with these messages.
- Did you know that the #Medicaid program covers 1 in 5 Americans? Find out if you qualify at https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- Did you know that 1 out of 3 children receive coverage through Medicaid or CHIP?
- Did you know that Medicaid/CHIP coverage for children with disabilities needs is more affordable than private insurance coverage thanks to the program’s cost-sharing protections?
- Did you know there are two pathways that are available to children with disabilities to receive Medicaid? For more information check out https://www.macpac.gov/subtopic/children-with-disabilities/
- Did you know over 10 million qualify for #Medicaid based on a disability? Check out this link to learn more on eligibility https://www.macpac.gov/subtopic/people-with-disabilities/
- #Medicaid covers over 35.7 million children in 48 states across the country. #GetCovered
- According to @macpacgov, Medicaid and CHIP are important sources of coverage for pregnant women, paying for half of the four million annual births in the U.S.
- Medicaid managed care organizations treat three times more neonatal intensive care unit admissions than commercial plans and save thousands of babies per year.
- Did you know that nationally, #Medicaid is comparable to private insurance for access to care. https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- #Medicaid is efficient and costs for enrollees are lower than private insurance. https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
Medicaid Impact Populations
- Did you know over 10 million qualify for #Medicaid based on a disability?
- 45% of nonelderly adults with a disability get coverage through #Medicaid
- Did you know that 1 out of 3 children receive coverage through #Medicaid or CHIP?
- #Medicaid aids 10 million Medicare beneficiaries
- 62% of nursing home residents use #Medicaid services and benefits
- #Medicaid pays for 46% of the $100 billion spent on nursing home services annually
- Did you know that 38% of children get coverage through #Medicaid programs?
- 76% of children below 100% of the federal poverty level receive #Medicaid services
- 17% of parents receive #Medicaid coverage.
- Did you know that 49% of pregnant women receive benefits through #Medicaid
- As of November 2021, 85,809,179 of people are enrolled in Medicaid and CHIP.
- Did you know that #Medicaid covers many benefits like ______?
- Enter one of these in the blank line:
- Inpatient hospital services
- Outpatient hospital services
- EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic, and Treatment) Services
- Home health services
- Nursing Facility Services
- Physician services
- Rural health clinic services
- Federally qualified health center services
- Laboratory and X-ray services
- Family planning services
- Nurse Midwife services
- Certified Pediatric and Family Nurse Practitioner services
- Freestanding Birth Center services (when licensed or otherwise recognized by the state)
- Transportation to medical care
- Tobacco cessation counseling for pregnant women
- Enter one of these in the blank line:
- #Medicaid benefits reflect the needs of the population it serves
- Individuals with disabilities receive benefits on several different levels through #Medicaid
- Children with autism receive in-home therapy and speech and occupational therapy
- People with Cerebral Palsy receive assistance to gain independence. This includes personal care, case management and assistive technology
- People with HIV/AIDS receive physician services and prescription drugs
- People with mental illness receive physician services and prescription drugs
- Did you know that more than 50% of long-term care financing is done through #Medicaid
- Did you know that 21% of the costs for substance abuses services are covered by #Medicaid
- #Medicaid provides screening programs such as the EPSDT benefit to ensure kids with autism have access to the care they need. @MedicaidGov
Social Media Accounts to Follow
- American Association on Health and Disability
- National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC)
- Community Catalyst
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP)
- ACCESS Community
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Center for Popular Democracy
- CenterLink LGBT Centers
- Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights
- El Centro
- Feeding America
- Health Literacy Media
- Montana Women Vote
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Urban League
- New Jersey Citizen Action
- Palmetto Project
- Raising Women’s Voices
- Tennessee Health Care Campaign
- Women With a Vision
- Young Invincibles
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Service (CMS) Facebook Page
- Find out your Medicaid eligibility at https://www.healthcare.gov/screener/
- YouTube Videos from the National Disability Navigator Resource Collaborative (NDNRC):
- Community Catalyst – Toolkit: Coverage for the Uninsured and the Affordable Care Act
- Kaiser Family Foundation – Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Enrollment and Spending (02/2020)
- Kaiser Family Foundation – Children with Special Health Care Needs: Coverage, Affordability, and HCBS Access (10/2021)
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) – To Improve Behavioral Health, Start by Closing the Medicaid Coverage Gap (10/2021)
- Georgetown University Health Policy Institute for the Center for Children and Families – Millions of Children May Lose Medicaid: What Can Be Done to Help Prevent Them from Becoming Uninsured? (02/2022)
- Healthcare.gov – When the Marketplace needs documents to confirm a Special Enrollment Period (01/2022)
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) – COVID Relief Provisions Stabilized Health Coverage, Improved Access and Affordability (03/2022)
For more information and statistics regarding Medicaid
- For state specific information regarding Medicaid and other ACA news, check out our individual state pages: https://nationaldisabilitynavigator.org/#map
- Statistics: https://www.macpac.gov/publication/macstats-compiled/
Please consider using the graphics and images below for social media posts and content.
What Does Medicaid Mean to Me?
Additional materials in this series available here.
DYK – Medicaid Coverage for Children
DYK – Medicaid Coverage for Adults
DYK – Medicaid Enrollment
DYK – Medicaid Coverage for Families
Medicaid Helps You Cover the Essentials
Coverage for Care
It’s All Covered
For copies of these and additional materials in other languages, please visit the Community Catalyst Outreach Hub.
Updated April 2022