PDF Version of the Guide to Disability for Healthcare Insurance Marketplace Navigators
Table of Contents
What are the purposes of the Supplemental Disability Guide?
Key questions for Navigators
Who are People with Disabilities?
What Problems and Barriers Have People with Disabilities Historically Encountered Obtaining Healthcare Insurance?
How do Disability Rights Laws Affect the Operation of the Marketplace?
What do Navigators Need to Know about Disability?
- How is Disability Defined?
- What Disability Questions Appear on the Streamlined Application for Health Insurance or Medicaid Submitted through the Marketplace?
- Why is Understanding Disability Important?
- What is Disability Literacy?
- What is Disability Etiquette?
- What is Physical Accessibility?
- How Can Navigators Ensure Effective Communication with People with Disabilities?
- How Can Navigators Assist People with Disabilities Evaluate the Adequacy of Provider Networks within Specific Plans?
- How Can Navigators Assist People with Disabilities Evaluate the Adequacy of Essential Health Benefits (EHBs)?
What types of accommodations should Navigators know about?
- Methods to Communicate Effectively
- Auxiliary Aids and Services
- Sign Language Interpreters
- Computer Aided Real-Time Transcription (CART)
- Written Communications
- Telecommunications Relay Service