Last fall we reported that HHS had released proposed rules enforcing the non-discrimination provisions found in the Affordable Care Act. (For our news report from last fall, click here and for our explanatory blog post on the rules, click here.) On Friday, HHS released the final rules for these non-discrimination provisions. To read the HHS press release on the final rules, click here and to download a full copy of the final rules, click here. You can also view the statement on the final rules from the HHS Office for Civil Rights (OCR) by clicking here. OCR has also released a FAQs on the final rules and those are available by clicking here. Finally, HHS has released fact sheets on what the rules mean for serving different populations. These fact sheets can be downloaded here:
- Summary: Final Rule Implementing Section 1557 of the Affordable Care Act
- Protecting Individuals against Sex Discrimination
- Ensuring Meaningful Access for Individuals with Limited English Proficiency
- Ensuring Effective Communication with and Accessibility for Individuals with Disabilities
- Coverage of Health Insurance in Marketplaces and Other Health Plans
Health Affairs has also posted an explanatory blog for the final rules. That post is available here.