The American Association on Health and Disability (AAHD) is pleased to co-sponsor a congressional briefing on “The Value of Rehabilitation and Habilitation Services and Devices”. This bipartisan briefing will occur on Tuesday, June 27 at 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM in the Dirksen Senate Office Building, room SD-106. The speakers and content of the briefing are as follows:
- Senator Tammy Duckworth (D-IL)
- Representative Brian Mast (R-FL)
- Eric LeGrand, Former Rutgers football star with spinal cord injury
- Roseann Sdoia, Boston bombing survivor
- Isabella Smith, child with developmental disability who uses speech therapy
- The impact of rehabilitation and habilitation services and therapies
- The impact of prosthetics, orthotics, durable medical equipment, and other assistive devices
- Rehabilitation’s impact on injured military personnel and veterans
- Personal testimonials of injury, habilitation, rehabilitation, and recovery
Demonstrations of Assistive Devices and Technologies
- Cutting-edge prosthetic limbs, exoskeletal orthoses, complex rehab technology and cochlear implants will be demonstrated
Please RSVP to LegislativeDesk@powerslaw.com
Space is limited and reservations will be made on a first-come, first-serve basis.
For the formal invitation, click here.