AAHD is happy to announce that we are joining with Community Catalyst in a new outreach project for Open Enrollment Year 5 (OE5). Community Catalyst, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is serving as the national coordinating organization for an effort to spread awareness about the upcoming open enrollment period starting November 1st and running through December 15th. Through this project, Community Catalyst will:
- Create plain-language consumer-facing materials advertising the upcoming open enrollment period and special enrollment period. Materials will emphasize key messages around financial assistance, in-person help and the shortened open enrollment period. Materials will also include information consumers will need to enroll, benefits of health coverage and enrollment considerations for particular populations like immigrants. You can find the first wave of materials here!
- Partner with national organizations to disseminate the materials and raise awareness.
- Target key populations who may be eligible for marketplace coverage including young adults, immigrant communities, persons of color and persons who identify as LGBTQ.
The list of national partners responsible for disseminating materials includes:
- American Association on Health and Disability
- Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Feeding America
- National Association of Community Health Centers
- National Urban League
- Raising Women’s Voices