AAHD is excited to announce that we will once again join Community Catalyst and other partners in conducting outreach for Open Enrollment Year 7 (OE7). As was the case last year, this project will educate individuals about enrolling for health insurance for 2020. Community Catalyst, with support from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, is serving as the national coordinating organization for an effort to spread awareness about the upcoming open enrollment period, from November 1st to December 15th. Through this project, Community Catalyst will:
- Create plain-language consumer-facing materials advertising the upcoming open enrollment period and special enrollment period. Materials will emphasize key messages around financial assistance, in-person help and the length of the open enrollment period. Materials will also include information consumers will need to enroll, benefits of health coverage and enrollment considerations for populations like immigrants.
- Partner with national organizations to disseminate the materials and raise awareness.
- Target key populations who may be eligible for marketplace coverage including people with disabilities, young adults, immigrant communities, persons of color and persons who identify as LGBTQ.
The project will develop images like the ones from last year (pictured to the right), along with materials to assist with open enrollment. The list of national partners working with Community Catalyst includes:
- American Association on Health and Disability
- Asian Pacific Islander American Health Forum
- Black Women’s Health Imperative
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Health Literacy Media
- New Jersey Citizen Action
- Public Library Association
- Raising Women’s Voices
- Young Invincibles