NEW REPORTS & RESOURCES ON AAHD COVID-19 DISABILITY SURVEY
Throughout the summer, we will be publishing the NDNRC Update on a biweekly basis.
In April, AAHD conducted a survey as a rapid, real-time online assessment of the COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on access to healthcare on adults with a range of disabilities. We’ve been releasing the results of the COVID-19 & Disability Survey and recently, we released a series of infographics which highlight the results of the survey. Additionally, this week, we released the last two disability specific reports which detail the responses of adults with an emotional, psychological or mental health disability and adults with difficulties reading, writing and/or communicating. Links for the new reports and summary of findings are as follows:
- COVID-19 & Adults with an Emotional, Psychological, or Mental Health Disability: Health and Health Care Access Online Survey Report
- COVID-19 & Adults with Difficulties Reading Writing or Communicating: Health and Health Care Access Online Survey Report
Summaries of Key Findings
- AAHD Research Brief Vol. 1(13): Key Findings on Health Care for Persons With Emotional, Psychological, Or Mental Health Disabilities
- AAHD Research Brief Vol. 1(14): Key Findings on Pandemic Information & Impact for Persons With Emotional, Psychological, Or Mental Health Disabilities
- AAHD Research Brief Vol. 1(15): Key Findings on Health Care for Persons with Serious Difficulty Reading, Writing, Or Communicating
- AAHD Research Brief Vol. 1(16): Key Findings on Pandemic Information & Impact for Persons with Serious Difficulty Reading, Writing, Or Communicating
These new reports and summaries along with all reports and newly added infographics are available on our COVID-19 & Disability Survey webpage. Links to all our COVID-19 survey reports as well as our video series and other resources on COVID-19 can be found on our COVID-19 resource page.
In addition to the AAHD COVID-19 & Disability Survey, another project with which we are involved – the Collaborative on Health Reform and Independent Living (CHRIL) in partnership with IL-NET and the National Council on Independent Living, invited all CIL administrators in April, May and June to complete a CHRIL/IL-NET COVID-19 Needs Assessment. A summary of these survey findings and a downloadable report are now available on the CHRIL website.
Additionally, the CHRIL will be hosting a webinar to discuss the survey results next Friday, July 17, 2020 at 3:00 PM ET. There is no charge to attend. Join this important and timely webinar by logging in to the webinar room.
Do you have questions about federal mandates to cover COVID-19 testing? A new blog post from the Georgetown University Center on Health Insurance Reforms (CHIR) addresses new guidance put out by the federal government on these mandates.
Are you looking for local partners to help with outreach to the disability community? The NDNRC has Community Outreach Collaboratives (COCs) which work to increase collaborations in the community, dissemination and outreach efforts and enrollment of people with disabilities in the ACA marketplace. You can find a COC, on the COC page of our website.
Archives of our weekly updates are available on the NDNRC website.