From Coverage to Care – Facebook Live series
How to Get the Most Out of Your Health Insurance
This spring, the American Association on Health and Disability is hosting a series of live interviews with disability community members to learn how they make the most of their private or public insurance coverage. From March 9th through April 6th, tune in on Wednesday afternoons with host, Karl Cooper as we discuss how to access care and get the most out of your insurance.
Each week we’ll focus on a different topic*:
- Rehabilitation/Habilitation – March 9 at 3 PM ET: Access to care for services to keep and improve skills for daily living.
- Mental Health – March 16 at 1 PM ET: Services such as psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapy, behavioral therapy, and in/outpatient treatment.
- Medical Devices – March 23 at 3 PM ET: Durable medical equipment, including devices and supplies that can be used at home to assist with daily living.
- Prescription Drugs – March 30 at 3 PM ET: Drug coverage for both acute problems and for managing ongoing chronic conditions.
- Access to Specialists – April 6, time TBD: Focus on a specific area of health to address more than primary care.
Tune in on the AAHD Facebook page for these live discussions starting in March!
*The full schedule with interviewees will be available soon.