AAHD is partnering with Community Catalyst with an ACA enrollment outreach project (read about it more in this news item). As part of that project, each week has been designated as a separate week of action and this week is our opportunity to highlight enrollment for people with disabilities. As a disability organization, we have worked to highlight the protections that the Affordable Care Act (ACA) provides to people with disabilities and other pre-existing conditions, so this week, we will be highlighting the importance health care coverage has for people with disabilities.
In addition to today’s post, we will be posting on our blog all week about coverage under the ACA for people with disabilities. The schedule for our blog posts for the remainder of the week is as follows:
- Tuesday: What ACA Coverage Means for People with Disabilities
- Thursday: Key Statistics on Disability and Healthcare Coverage
- Friday: Why We Are Thankful for Medicaid
On Wednesday, we will be hosting a Twitter chat entitled “Coverage Is Inclusive”. The Twitter chat will occur at 2 PM ET. You can follow along on the AAHD Twitter account and the NDNRC Twitter account or with the #OE7DisabilityChat. Please join us for the discussion and let us know what health care coverage means for people with disabilities.
In the meantime, if you want to help us highlight health insurance enrollment for people with disabilities this week, here are some sample social media posts and graphics you can use:
- Did you know the Health Insurance Marketplace offers an excellent opportunity for people with all disabilities who either have gone without coverage or have had limited access to needed health care benefits to obtain health insurance in the individual market? #GetCovered #EnrollbyDec15
- Did you know the Health Insurance Marketplace affords an opportunity for people with disabilities to obtain adequate coverage for the services, medications, or equipment they require? #GetCovered #EnrollbyDec15
- Did you know the Marketplace offers people with disabilities the opportunity to determine their eligibility for Medicaid? #GetCovered #EnrollbyDec15
Finally, if you’re interested in working with us on the Disability Week of Action, please contact Karl Cooper.