DISABILITY WEEK OF ACTION CONCLUDES
As Disability Week of Action comes to a close, we will resume publishing the NDNRC Update on a biweekly basis.
As we highlighted last week, this week represented Disability Week of Action for the COVID Special Enrollment Period (SEP). AAHD participated in several activities which highlighted the opportunity the COVID SEP provides to the disability community and others who do not have health insurance. If you missed either of the blog posts we did this week, be sure to check them out:
- Welcome to Disability Week of Action (Mon., 7/26)
- What the COVID SEP Means for People with Disabilities (Wed., 7/28)
On Tuesday, we cohosted a Twitter chat with Young Invincibles entitled “Getting Covered: The Value of Health Coverage for People with Health Care Needs.” If you want to see that conversation, check out the #TodaysVoicesTues.
One of the things that we highlighted in our blog on Wednesday were the new subsidies available for people who are eligible for COBRA coverage. The Georgetown University Center on Health Insurance Reforms (CHIR) has a new blog post on these subsidies.
In an effort to highlight the COVID Special Enrollment Period (SEP), AAHD has a project with Community Catalyst in conducting outreach to educate individuals about health insurance enrollment through the ACA Marketplace and Medicaid. This outreach includes graphics like the one below which highlight the new COBRA subsidies which are available. These graphics are available in the Community Catalyst Outreach Hub. You can also check out the social media toolkit Community Catalyst created for the COVID SEP.
Did you know today represents the 56th Anniversary of the Medicaid program? To celebrate this anniversary, Community Catalyst will be conducting a Twitter chat today at 1:00 PM ET using the #HBDMedicaid. You can learn more about this in their Medicaid birthday toolkit.
For more information about the COVID SEP and Medicaid expansion, you can check out some of our other NDNRC posts from the past few months, including last month’s blog post on the benefits of the Medicaid expansion.
- Blog post (6/2/21): Benefits of Medicaid Expansion
- Blog post (updated 5/20/21): States Extend COVID SEP
- Blog post (2/19/21): How is the COVID SEP Different?
- News item (7/19/21): CMS Releases Latest COVID SEP Enrollment Report
- News item (7/8/21): State Medicaid Expansion Fact Sheets Available
- News item (6/15/21): CMS Highlights Benefits of ACA and COVID SEP
- News item (6/10/21): New Report Shows Record Enrollment under the ACA
- News item (3/25/21): COVID SEP Webinar Archived
- News item (3/23/21): COVID SEP Extended!
Archives of our weekly updates are available on the NDNRC website.