Open Enrollment Year 6 (OE6) began yesterday and if you’re looking for a promotional brochure to use for people with disabilities, check out the handout entitled “Time to Check Your Health Insurance.” This brochure was prepared by the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities and highlights the issues consumers need to think about over the next six weeks and the critical dates throughout open enrollment. The brochure is also available on the Materials page of the website.
The NDNRC also wants to make sure you have all the resources you need to be able to assist individuals with disabilities as they consider their options on the ACA marketplace. We have a Disability Guide which is meant to strengthen disability literacy, help you identify and provide appropriate accommodations and assist you in correctly identifying issues that are central to healthcare insurance for people with disabilities. The disability guide is also available for PDF download.
The NDNRC also has 17 topical fact sheets and 9 population specific fact sheets. All of the NDNRC fact sheets are available on our fact sheets page. A complete list of the topical and population specific fact sheets is below:
Topical Fact Sheets
- Comparing Health Plan’s Benefits and Coverage Summaries
- Getting and Using Health Plan Evidence of Coverage
- Using Health Plan Customer Service
- Rehabilitation and Habilitation Services and Devices
- Prescription Medication Benefits
- Supporting Collaborations between Navigators, Connectors and Assisters, and Local Disability and Affinity Organizations
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse Parity
- Medically Frail Status as an Exemption to Receiving Medicaid Alternative Benefit Plan with Essential Health Benefits
- Streamlined Marketplace Application Process
- Medical Supplies Benefits
- Civil Rights of People with Disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act
- Process for Medicaid Eligibility
- Referral and Resource Lists
- Information for People on Medicaid Home and Community-Based Services Waiver Waiting Lists
- Medicaid Buy-In
- Moving from Coverage-to-Care for People with Disabilities
- Disability Etiquette
Population Specific Fact Sheets
- What to Know When Assisting Children and Adults in the Autism Community
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer who has Experienced or is at Risk for Blood Clots
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with a Child with Special Health Care Needs
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with Intellectual Disability
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with Mental Illness
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with Multiple Sclerosis
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with Spina Bifida
- What to Know When Assisting a Consumer with Traumatic Brain Injury
- Information for Veterans Regarding Department of Veterans Affairs Healthcare
Are you looking for local partners to help with outreach to the disability community? The NDNRC has Community Outreach Collaboratives (COCs) which work to increase collaborations in the community, dissemination and outreach efforts and enrollment of people with disabilities in the ACA marketplace. You can find a COC, on the COC page of our website.
Archives of our weekly updates are available on the NDNRC website.